The Student News Site of St. Thomas More Catholic High School

STM News

‘Tis the season

Senior+girls+get+ready+to+through+baby+powder+at+kickoff+for+the+first+home+game.+
Senior girls get ready to through baby powder at kickoff for the first home game.

Courtney Trahan

Courtney Trahan

Kiersten Landry, Staff Writer

Tailgating. Screaming. School Spirit. The STM football season has officially started and everyone on campus cannot wait to see how this season is going to play out. Some might say this is their favorite part of the entire year!

Cougar football is one of STM’s more popular sports. Everyone on campus looks forward to the season every year. Whether it be to dress up for the games or actually watching it, this sport definitely draws the biggest crowd to Cougar Stadium.

Though the fans are not the only ones looking forward to the season, the football players are also excited. Senior football player Cameron Ramon says, “Being a senior on the team means I get to play a lot more which I am really excited about.” He also adds that he does not mind waking up for film on Saturdays or having practice Mondays-Thursdays if it means they will become State Champions again. He says he hopes with the strong team they have this year, they will make it to the Dome.

The first home football game was against the Lafayette High Lions and everyone could not wait for the game to come.  The day started with a pep rally that got everyone excited for the game, especially the players and coaches. The theme for the game was jersey night which the students had a lot of fun with.  A lot of the students look forward to the games to dress up for the crazy themes that the tailgating committee has chosen. The themes also help bring more spirit to the games as it makes the game fun for even the ones that hate the sport. It draws more fans to the game which then brings a more supportive crowd to help cheer on the Cougars.

Senior fan Caroline Hebert is one who looks forward to the games every week. She says one of her favorite things about the games are getting to dress crazy and hopefully become ‘Fan of the Week.’ When asked how she thinks the season will play out she said the 2017 season will hopefully be full of wins that will lead us to the Dome again.

Football is not only important to the STM community, it also plays a huge role in the average American household. Almost every family in the United States either watches or has a family member playing football. According to Wall Street Journal,  the percentage of boys playing has dropped over the past decade, taking away this sport would change the average American household.

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

STM’s Got Talent

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

“Yeah, We Lift”

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

Study Habitats

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

Noa Jamir performing “Indigo” at STM’s Got Talent

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

Halloween 2017

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

Too short

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

Rush: The Ins and Outs

• Entertainment

Bandboree 2017

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

Football and tailgating: week 1

• ‘Tis the season

Entertainment

For Your Entertainment May 2017

‘Tis the season