The Student News Site of St. Thomas More Catholic High School

STM News

New Cougar Additions

French I teacher, Emily Stoehr, originally from Roberts Cove, has joined the Cougar family and absolutely loves it! She says,

French I teacher, Emily Stoehr, originally from Roberts Cove, has joined the Cougar family and absolutely loves it! She says, "I love STM. So many people are constantly asking if I need help with anything. Also, the strong presence of faith makes me know I made the right choice." She says her favorite part of teaching her students is getting to plan fun lessons. Her favorite lesson was a Cajun dancing lesson she taught recently. “I was so excited that their textbook talked about traditional dancing in France linked to their culture, and how easy it was to apply that to our Cajun French culture here in South Louisiana! I think the students had almost as much fun as I did!”

Addison Wright, Staff Writer

Not Pictured-

Sara Duvernay. Art I, Art II, Art IV Honors, and Media Arts. She says teaching at STM so far “is crazy but a really good time.”  When asked about her favorite part of the job, she says, “I love seeing all the kids’ faces light up when they see they’re doing something right and when they turn a bad piece of artwork into something good.”

Originally from Crowley, Natalie Breaux found her way to STM to teach Geometry and Advanced Math Duel Enrollment. She says, “STM is a much bigger school than what I am used to, but everyone has been very welcoming and has lent helping hands.”

• New Cougar Additions

Entertainment

“Yeah, We Lift”

• New Cougar Additions

Entertainment

Study Habitats

• Features

Schools around the world and how we differ

• New Cougar Additions

Features

It’s fall, y’all!

• New Cougar Additions

Features

Snack time

• New Cougar Additions

Features

Saigon summer

• Features

Canada, je t’aime

• New Cougar Additions

Features

Oh, the places you went!

• Features

Pivotal moments

• New Cougar Additions

Features

Major Decisions

New Cougar Additions