STM News

Study Habitats

Anna+Moncla+%28%2720%29+studying+hard+in+the+library%21++
Anna Moncla ('20) studying hard in the library!

Gabe Chiasson, Staff Writer

The universally hated (or sometimes loved) activity of school: studying. Whether it’s the time that people take out of their day or the stress that it includes, people typically do not like studying. One of the ways people deal with the anxiety of studying, is finding a place where they can best learn.

STM students explained that the place where they study defines how well they study. Sophomore Lanie Fontenot said, “If I study at home, I can’t get anything done.”

Luckily, Lafayette has no shortage of hot spots, cafes, and other quiet places to study.

One powerhouse of a studying spot is CC’s Coffee House—a favorite of many in the student population.

Along with CC’s, Rêve Coffee Roasters (previously known as The Lab) is swiftly gaining popularity among some senior girls. Cambrie Sonnier (’18) says that she “enjoys studying at Rêve for its quiet environment and bright atmosphere.”

Sometimes a populated and noisy cafe is not the best place to study. Sophomore Cyndol Ceasar says,”Sometimes I study outside to smell the flowers and listen to the birds and stuff. The sound of nature makes me focus more. Pollen in the air, people mowing grass, birds chirping, cars passing by: it’s really relaxing and makes me focus and enjoy nature.”

Along with the study spots that are in Lafayette, there are some places where everyone wishes they could study: a “perfect dream study spot.”

Gabby Robles (‘21) day dreams about her “perfect spot:” “Under a palm tree at the beach: with grapes! Crazy and wild. I like to have fun!”

Caroline Lege (‘20) agrees with studying at the beach, but prefers the quiet and relaxed atmosphere. “It’s really peaceful and the ocean waves calm me. I like being relaxed and not stressed: being stressed makes me rush.”

Studying is crucial to surviving in St. Thomas More. Why suffer alone and at home, when you can suffer alongside friends in the peaceful outdoors or a busy little coffee shop?

• Entertainment

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

• Entertainment

50 Things to Do When You’re Bored

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

Super Bowl LII Comes to STM

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

Cougar Court 2018

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

STM’s Got Talent

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

“Yeah, We Lift”

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

Noa Jamir performing “Indigo” at STM’s Got Talent

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

Halloween 2017

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

Too short

• Study Habitats

Entertainment

Rush: The Ins and Outs

The Student News Site of St. Thomas More Catholic High School
Study Habitats