STM News

“Yeah, We Lift”

Staff member Gabe Chiasson (‘18) dreams of the day he will be a part of the shell lot’s “Truck Row.”

Gabe Chiasson, Staff Writer

South Louisiana is known for many things: great food, great people, and great trucks. STM is no exception to these things. Our parking lot is filled with all sorts of lifted and modified trucks, but no one really knows why they modify them. A few proud truck owners stepped forward to talk about their trucks and why they are so special to them.

Senior Jean Paul Schoeffler talks about his 2014 F-150 Platinum: “Well, my truck is on a 2.5-inch rough country leveling kit with 35×12.5 inch Nitto Trail Grappler Mud Terrain tires. My truck comes stock with some sick cup holder lights–my favorite color is purple. I have added a 30-inch Rigid Industries light bar plus numerous other Rigid Industries light products. I also have my windows tinted at 5% with a 10-inch brow so I can block out all the haters. I also have one single 12-inch JL Audio subwoofer that slaps.”

One of the top answers when asked why they modified their trucks was that “it looks cool.” Nick Padgett (’18) elaborates that not only did it look cool, his 10-inch subwoofers allow him “to play my music really loud to impress the ladies.”

Conversely, Mitch Savoie (’18) enjoys driving his 2014 Chevy Silverado because it makes him “feel like a country baw.”  Schoeffler says, “I lifted my truck to make it look country, because I am such a country boy. I live to be a country boy.”

Obviously having the reputation of a country boy is an important aspect of owning a truck, but what about the performance of the vehicle?

Austin Walker talks about the performance of his 1995 Ford F-150 XL: “I drive the stock model and it’s basically a race car. It’s the fastest vehicle on the market as of now. Two people hit me and I didn’t even take damage, so it’s really a mini tank. It’s an all-around amazing vehicle. I’m genuinely impressed with it, besides the few scratches it has.”

Each truck driver says that they were thinking about future investments and modifications to make their truck even better.

Peyton Wilson (’19) says that he would “add a bed cover, a window tint, and some black rims” to his truck.

The thing that makes truck drivers love their vehicle is not the truck itself, but the way it makes them feel: having a truck fills them with a sense of power. A truck driver’s love can never be fully understood until the reader is behind the wheel of one of these powerful automobiles.

• Entertainment

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

• Entertainment

50 Things to Do When You’re Bored

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Super Bowl LII Comes to STM

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Cougar Court 2018

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

STM’s Got Talent

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Study Habitats

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Noa Jamir performing “Indigo” at STM’s Got Talent

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Halloween 2017

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Too short

• “Yeah, We Lift”

Entertainment

Rush: The Ins and Outs

The Student News Site of St. Thomas More Catholic High School
“Yeah, We Lift”